Lemon Pound-Cake Cupcakes with Raspberry Balsamic Frosting and a Whipped Cream Cheese Filling

CAUTION: Some assembly required!

I have been on a raspberry-balsamic-glaze-kick in marinating meats for some tasty dinners... why wouldn't I try and figure out how tasty it could be in a cupcake.

Using the simple syrup in my buttercream frosting made for a tangy delight in duet with the tangy lemon cake. One note on this, however, is that the "lemon" in my lemon cake - wasn't "lemony" enough for my liking.

I had made these cupcakes in response to my sister's urging after the passing of someone very dear to me (to sink myself into creativity). The original thought behind them was to make a basil infused lemon cake (the basil failed to come through - it baked right out - hence you don't see any mention of it in the naming of this delight).

The assemblage comes into action in that the cakes remain unfrosted until ready to eat (the whipped cream cheese filling is kept in the fridge). The plate-ready pound-cake brings a surprising twist to the cuppycaker as the moist cake bite is met with the cool cream. YUMMILICIOUS is the word.



No comments:

Post a Comment