Lick It Bite It or Both in Austin



Austin is "eating" them up. Reviews abound for this bakery that has been open for a little over a year. Cupcake liners and markers are left out to encourage you to add to the graffiti of bite-sized words of wisdom displayed as decor. They also serve homemade ice cream - which is a brilliant concept! Of course, why wouldn't a bakery pair the two - inspiration to the rest of you out there!

That being said... what did I think of their cupcakes? Well... overall a mere YUMMISH. Maybe I am biased as Sugar Mama's has set the bar so high for me when I visit Austin.

I had my two standards, by which I compare ALL cupcakeries to: Vanilla and Red Velvet. I also had the Bavarian Cream, Peanut Butter and Coconut.

Generally speaking... the frostings were to sweet for my taste. The cake was "moist enough". But is "moist enough" - Good Enough - when you have to pack away calories and fat grams? Not for me - it IS NOT. This rating means: if you are buying, I'll eat part of one to satisfy my sweet tooth and it will have done a pretty good job.

Lick It Bite It or Both will appear on Cupcake Wars. I'm excited/curious about what Candace and Florian think!

Sidenote: I do so so so love peanut butter and they really delivered with that frosting.




No comments:

Post a Comment