Frosted Betty in Katy/Houston

Yum-ISH.


Frosted Betty was featured Feb. 8th (Valentine's Episode) on Cupcake Wars as one of the contestants.


I'm turned around and upside down about this bakery. I first had Frosted Betty the summer of 2010... the Red Velvet. It was fantastic. An oh-so-moist cake and the cream cheese frosting was incredible (firm enough to hold the piping - yet luciously creamy and flavor packed). On several occasions since that time, I would stop to get another to satisfy my memory-lane relationship with the one-time wonder experience of that first cupcake... each time to be disappointed.


Inconsistencies have prevailed. I have had the Red Velvet, Chocolate, Ginger-Lemon, Strawberry, Banana, Lemon, Carrot Cake, Salted Caramel, Almond Ricotta Raspberry, and Pistachio Cardamom. Dryness seems to be the culprit in most cases.




The best of the bunch - was the Banana (pun intended). Fruit is fantastic in helping to retain moistness in a cake, especially banana. The frostings (although piped standard), as I said, were all very good. The Banana Cupcake offers two choices: Cream Cheese frosting or a Peanut Butter Buttercream. I recommend the later because the fruity flavor with the savory nutty frosting paired very well (I think Elvis would be a fan) for a YUMMILICIOUS cupcake.



Not long ago I had the Chocolate Cupcake with the Peanut Butter Buttercream... it was still warm... and the cake was wonderfully moist. My reaction: "That's YUMMILICIOUS." I do so love their flavorful creamy frostings and the Peanut Butter Buttercream does not disappoint. The combo of the chocolate and peanut butter is one I WOULD recommend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment